10 Employee Appreciation Ideas You Can Use To Encourage And Motivate Your Team
By Daisy Emert
Acknowledging and recognizing the excellent ways your employees contribute to your company is just as important in contributing to their job satisfaction as their rate of pay.
How can you let your workers know how much their contributions are appreciated? Try out some of the employee appreciation ideas below:
1. Outstanding work should be recognized by giving out employee appreciation certificates. An Employee of the Month or Top Sales of the Quarter award certificate will let your employees know that you are aware of when they go above and beyond.
2. Big achievements could be celebrated by occasionally giving out small bonuses. Finishing a large project sooner than expected, landing a huge client and finding ways to save the company money are all worth of acknowledgement.
Things like a coupon good for a half day off on a Friday or take-out provided by the boss are effective little extras that are great for employee esteem.
3. Create fun little gift packages to give away as employee rewards. For instance, tie a RedBox movie gift card and a bag of microwave popcorn with a ribbon to give an employee a relaxing evening treat.
4. Recognizing important dates in the lives of employees, such as employment anniversaries and birthdays, is effective also. Cards are great for birthdays and yearly milestones. However, think about a larger gift, such as a gift card to a local coffee shop to recognize the loyalty of employees who have been with you five or ten years.
5. Let your employees vote for one another to win a Staff Choice Award. This gives them a chance to let their colleagues know how much they are appreciated.
6. Give a perfect attendance award at the end of each year. This lets employees know how much consistency means to you.
7. Arrange for inexpensive or free chair massages at the office. Your employees will feel spoiled by this luxurious perk.
8. Add a kudos section to your company newsletter. Use the kudos space to recognize personal achievements as well as professional ones. Also have spaces to congratulate employees on anniversaries, family births and graduations.
9. Do a bagel breakfast at work once a month.
10. Start a Sunshine Fund that employees of your company can contribute to on a voluntary basis. Then, when employees have significant life events, whether positive or negative, you can use the fund to buy a larger gift card to help out.
There are dozens of ways beyond a certificate maker or the other nine employee appreciation ideas above to let your staff know how much their contributions mean to you. Ask staff members what perks they would like to see.
When someone surpasses expectation and deserves a certificate of appreciation as recogition of their outstanding efforts, an appreciation certificate or award certificate is often given.
Daisy Emert’s experience leads her to use an award certificate maker to provide unique accolades made from blank certificates.